I started writing original furry fiction in 2010, and was first published in 2012. My short stories have won two Ursa Major Awards, two Cóyotl Awards and a Leo Award. Guest of Honour at Fur the More 007: Furry Never Dies in March 2019. Member of the Furry Writers' Guild.
- A 20,000-word ebook containing 'Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre' from Hot Dish #1, plus a bonus story featuring the same characters. Available from Amazon (US / UK) and Bad Dog Books.
- The Catch in Patterns in Frost: Stories from New Tibet
- Catching a rare fish changes a sea otter's fortunes...for better, or worse?
- Star of the Savannah in Reclamation Project - Year One
- Chuck the rivergoing hyena unwillingly takes on a special cargo.
- Once We Were Meerkats in ROAR #10
- A colony of genetically engineered meerkats terraforming a desert planet face an unknown danger.
- The Off Air Affair in The Jackal Who Came In from the Cold
- Coyote Montgomery Luck and ferret Nikko Ilyushin, secret agents for U.N.C.I.A, battle the forces of Shrike.
- The Lion of the Low Countries in Symbol of a Nation
- Leo Belgicus, a lion made of maps, struggles to remain relevant in the modern era.
Winner of a 2017 Leo Award
- Remembrance in Dogs of War II: Aftermath
- In the trenches of the Western Front, a jackal soldier wonders just what it takes to be accepted by the Tommies.
- Midway in Tales of the Sunrise Lands
- A fighter pilot has to keep his true form hidden if he is to survive.
- Little Sun in Werewolves Versus: Space
- The Soviet space dog programme...with werewolves. Maybe.
- The Theorist in Hot Dish 2 [adult, M/F & M/M]
- A feline scientist has a controversial theory about the origin of species, and a domestic problem.
- 400 Rabbits in Gods with Fur (reprinted in The Cóyotl Awards Anthology)
- The Centzon Totochtin are minor Aztec deities who preside over drunken parties. Eighty-Six-Rabbit dares to suggest that there might be more to life than that.
Winner of the 2016 Ursa Major Award for Best Short Fiction and the 2016 Cóyotl Award for Best Short Story
- Ping-Pong Diplomacy in Claw the Way to Victory ebook / hardcopy
- It's 1971, and all Tux the cat wants to do on the US table tennis team's tour of China is play, not get caught up in East/West politics...
- A Blacker Dog in Inhuman Acts
- A world in which everyone is accompanied by their personal black dog from birth to death, but only one man can see them.
- Gerbil 07 in ROAR #6
- The tale of a genetically engineered surveillance animal who thinks she's James Bond.
- The Analogue Cat in The Furry Future (reprinted in The Cóyotl Awards Anthology)
- A genetically engineered Pet looking for a purpose in a digital world.
Winner of the 2015 Ursa Major Award for Best Short Fiction and the 2015 Cóyotl Award for Best Short Story
- Jenny-Burnt-Tail in Trick or Treat 2: Historical Halloween
- Captain ffox tells his men a ghost story from his cubhood, to distract them from the very real horrors of the Western Front.
- Flight of the Fire Dragon in Pulp!
- Nobody suspects that barnstorming duo Felicity Blake and Rooi Randall are actually secret agents who defend Britain from fiendish enemies.
- Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out in Tales from the Guild #1
- Square, uptight raccoon Roger Jones is introduced to the power of the protest movement by his groovy girlfriend, Peace Man.
- The Painted and the Plain in ROAR #5
- A young African wild dog returns from university in the city to find things in her village are different. Or is she the one who's changed?
- Lines in Heat #11 [adult, F/F]
- An out of work actress supplements her income and indulges her craving for an audience by running a sex chat line, posing as different species. Her polecat lover isn't too thrilled about it.
- Cold Scent in Allasso #3*
- Genetically engineered police dog Dutch, once the best nose on the force, loses his sense of smell, and with it his sense of identity.
Nominated for the 2014 Cóyotl Awards
- Tour of Duty in Taboo [adult, M/F]
- On active service in the desert, Major Flecker the lynx struggles to maintain military discipline when faced with the infuriating yet attractive genet Private Holz.
- The Witch Doctor in Trick or Treat #1 [adult, M/F]
- Shiba Inu single dad Marty is determined to give his son a Hallowe'en to remember. An accident during the preparations leads to a meeting with a collie doctor who encourages him back on to the dating scene.
- Flight Path in Heat #10 [adult, M/F]
- A condom emergency sends cat/wildcat couple Posy and Neil in search of an all-night chemist, where they get mixed up in a robbery attempt.
- Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre in Hot Dish #1 [adult, M/M, F/F]
- When Max the wolf agrees to be a sperm donor for his best friend Jess, a clouded leopard, it affects not only his relationship with Jess and her partner Cate but his own blossoming romance with basset hound Simon.
Nominated for the 2013 Cóyotl Awards
- Tiger Light in Allasso #2*
- An afternoon's recreational drug-taking goes weird for Jed and his buddies as their animal selves start to emerge.
- Bad Timing in Heat #9 [adult, M/F]
- It's the wrong time of the month for puma Romy, and all she wants to do is crawl into bed with a hot water bottle. When her friend drags her out to party, she meets a lion named Drew who seems suspiciously keen on her.
- Magnificent Dogs in ROAR #4
- Aeronautical engineer Whipple, a black Labrador, resents the celebrity surrounding his dashing German Shepherd test pilot, but discovers fame can be a double-edged sword.
- Sled Dog Cadence in Civilized Beasts
- Meena Mae in Heat #12
- Stripes and Roundels in Far Off Places: Sartorial
- Afterwards in Apex #61*
Fiction published in anthologies, newest at the top. Those marked with a * are free to read online.
I'm Alice Dryden, a.k.a. Huskyteer.
Bits and pieces
- Back to homepage